Mission Updates for Jan – Apr 2012
We would like to thank everybody for your continuous and generous support of this ministry. Through your prayers, encouragement, participation and financial support, many lives have been touched and transformed. With that in mind, I would like to give you an update what is happening, what the Lord has done, what were accomplished and what you can do to make this ministry continue to do its mission.
• Church members increased from 22 families to 37 families.
• Church planning in Balayan, Batangas has been halted as people were resettled or moved to another place.
• Praise the Lord for giving us a 1,000 square meters of land for our General Santos City, Mindanao evangelism mission. Please pray with us for additional mission workers and financial provisions for the construction of the base mission house by May 2012.
• Around 100 children are currently attending our basic literacy and food feeding program in Maisan, Malitam island among the Badjao community. Sis. Tess Santiago, Badjao teachers Arlene Eje, Emman Pendor and Anthony Pendor are continuously and patiently labouring to make this a success.
• The Department of Education Alternative Learning System (DepEd – ALS) Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) has chosen the Born Again Badjao Church to reach out to children and youth who cannot afford to go to school by providing them education. In such as way, we can reach out and evangelize the children and youth for Christ.
• This coming 2013, we will have a total of 9 high school students (1st and 3rd year level)
• 6 Badjao students promoted from Elementary grade 6 to High School
• One (1) to graduate from college majoring in BSEED
• 24 students are promoted in different levels in the elementary school
We would like to thank the Lord and our supporters for giving Christmas gifts and food last December 2011 (in alphabetical order).
• ABS-CBN Southern Tagalog
• Ateneo University
• Batangas State University
• Chow King Fastfood
• Connect City Church of Melbourne, Australia
• God With Us Church of Macau
• La Salle of Lipa City
• Ms. Emily Regulto
• Population Commission of Batangas City
• Singles for Christ of Bauan, Batangas
• St. Bridget University
• Starbucks Café
• Sunhill International Montessori
• University of Batangas
• Friends from Libjo, Batangas city
Mark 11:24 says “whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” Also, somebody said, “God is not moved by our needs, He is moved by our faith”. Today, I want you to join with me in faith to raise our voice and faith to heaven to believe that the difficult and impossible things will be granted. Please help us praying for the following:
• Please pray for our Badjao brother and church elder, Bro. Lito Lozada as he handles the discipleship and prayer meetings at Maisan, Malitam Island. Please specifically pray for new Christian converts to grow.
• Please continue to pray for the Lord’s guidance and financial provision as we continue to evangelize, disciple, teach and train new Christian workers from within this community and other tribal communities. The aim is to raise and send workers who will plant new churches in other tribal communities.
• Pray for financial support as we continue to expand the mission work including the needs of our Badjao students in Kindergarten, Elementary, High School and College.
• Service vehicle with 14 passenger capacity (specifically a KIA KC model) which will be used for conducting the evangelism and church planting in different Badjao communities. The vehicle will also be used for all our school children, high school and college students school service.
• Good health and protection for Ps. Albert, Sis. Ellen and Sis. Tess Santiago
• Strength and greater ability so that our Badjao brothers and sister can continue labouring and ministering to the community:
a. Lito Lozada
b. Emmanuel Pendor
c. Anthony Pendor
d. Arlene Eje
e. Alex & John Mark
Pastor Albert & Ellen Santiago
Born Again Badjao Church Batangas City